About Children's Hospital of Richmond at VCU
At CHoR we strive for excellence in everything we do. We're honored to earn awards and certifications, not for the shiny badges but for the kids and families we serve who inspire us to keep climbing higher.
- Level 1 pediatric trauma center as designated by the American College of Surgeons and VA Department of Health
- U.S. News & World Report Best Children's Hospitals – Nephrology
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation-accredited CF Care Center
- American Diabetes Association designated diabetes education program
- Magnet Recognition Program awarded by the American Nurses' Credentialing Center (as part of VCU Health)
- Baby-Friendly designation by the World Health Organization and United Nations Children's Fund (as part of VCU Health)
As part of VCU Health, CHoR is committed to ensuring access to care for all children, training future pediatric caregivers and making new discoveries that improve understanding and treatment of childhood diseases.
VCU Health System and Children's Hospital joined in June 2010 to form Children's Hospital of Richmond at VCU, the only full-service children's hospital in central Virginia. Together we have a rich history of providing comprehensive and compassionate care to children and their families, conducting innovative research and educating future generations of pediatric providers.
Mission, vision and values
The health of all children is our number one priority.
To be a national leader in children's health through excellence in patient care, education and research.
Service: We provide exceptional service by treating the whole child and family, not just the illness or injury in order to create a comfortable, caring, healing experience.
Trust: We earn trust by working with families as a team and delivering on our promises.
Attitude: We display a positive attitude while being open-minded, inclusive and welcoming.
Respect: We respect the role and contribution of every member of the health team and all individuals who work to better the lives of children.
Kids Come First!